SFBS 498: Internship
Prior to their senior year, SFBS students work closely with their academic advisor to choose an internship project and location that incorporates their specific interests and career goals. Internships can vary widely in terms of duration, pay, location, and particular focus, but all are designed to provide you with some real-world experience working in your chosen career field. For example, past internship projects have focused on agricultural production, farm-to-school programs, alternative bioenergy systems, water rights, and food policy. Several students have been offered full-time jobs by their mentors upon completion of their internships.
Application Process for SFBS 498: Internship
Download the SFBS 498: Internship application form here
The SFBS Program has close ties with many sustainable food and bioenergy-related producers, businesses, agencies, and nonprofits. Below are listed just a few of the possible sites for your internship.
- Prairie Heritage Farm. Conrad, MT. Internship Description | Website
- Purple Frog Gardens. Whitefish, MT. Internship Description
- Montana Fish Company. Bozeman, MT. Website
- Alternative Energy Resources Organization (AERO). Helena, MT. Website
- Rocky Creek Farm. Bozeman, MT. Website
- North Frontier Farms, Inc. Lewistown , MT.
- Timeless Seeds. Conrad , MT. Website
- Quinn Farm and Ranch. Big Sandy, MT.
- Kinkeye Limited. Floweree, MT.
- Geyser Farm/Farms for Families. Livingston , MT. Website
- Farm to Table Project, Glendive, MT. Website
- Mission Mountain Food Enterprise Center. Ronan, MT. Website
- Vilicus Farms, Havre, MT.